About Us – What We Do
Thailand Board of Investment at your service
If you wish to set up an operation in Thailand, your best contact point is the Office of the Board of Investment (BOI), which operates under the Prime Minister’s Office and is the principal government agency for encouraging investment. The BOI is available to assist you in numerous ways, including:
Enhancing Competitiveness and Investment Facilitation
– Offers an attractive and competitive package of tax incentives.
– Imposes no foreign equity restrictions on manufacturing activities or on some service.
– Provide assistance in the provision of visas and work permits to facilitate entry and subsequent operation for a foreign-owned business.
– Waives restrictions on land ownership by foreign entities.
– No restriction on foreign currency remittance
Business Support Services
– Provides comprehensive information and advice on establishing operations in Thailand.
– Arranges on-site visits.
– Identifies potential suppliers, subcontractors, joint-venture partners.
– Provides useful contacts with key public and private organizations.
– Coordinates between the foreign business community and other public agencies
The BOI also acts as Thailand’s marketing arm and actively promotes the country worldwide as one of the best investment locations in Asia.
The BOI is tasked with devising and implementing strategies under which promotional activities are organized around the globe throughout the year.
The BOI’s 14 overseas offices
(Beijing, Frankfurt, Guangzhou, Los Angeles, Mumbai, New York, Osaka, Paris, Seoul, Shanghai, Stockholm, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo) serve as Thailand’s front desks in liaising with potential investors.